Thursday, November 10, 2005

Renting with a Loaded Gun

A fellow Northwestern Law blogger has just bashed another student out here who decided to share his experiences about a trip to Rent-A-Center in a poor neighborhood with the rest of first-years (1L's). I had seen the original note, but mostly ignored it because it's not the first unnecessary posting on the listserver. I read it again and agree it does reveal some frightening prejudiced thinking.

"...I didn't even want to drive through this neighborhood, much less do business there. I finally agreed to go on the condition that my friend drive his car and that we have a loaded gun with us at all times. Even looking back in hindsight, I don't think this was an unreasonable decision...."

Well, I'd say bringing a loaded gun might have been a liiiiitle ridiculous. I don't want to know what he carries in his pocket in Chicago...

No comments: