Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kwasniewski to Teach at Georgetown

Interesting news at my Alma Mater. Former Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski will start teaching classes at Georgetown University this Spring. Georgetown has attracted some of the biggest names in Polish politics in the recent past, including current head of the central bank Leszek Balcerowicz when I was still a student there. The university was also a home to Polish WWII hero Jan Karski.

Unfortunately I won't be heading to DC until Fall. And who knows where Kwasniewski will be then.

2 comments:

beatroot said...

Of course, the comment many are manking here is that an ex-commie is going to be teaching a catholic university! Shock, horror!!!

Chris Borowski said...

While Kwasniewski is no scholar (and last time I checked he didn't even finish college), I disagree with you. Having a former Polish president, especially one who seved two terms and played a part in Poland joining the EU and NATO, as a lecturer is quite prestigious. I praise Georgetown for snapping up Kwasniewski, even if I often disagree with him politically. I would love to sit in on a lecture or two.