Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Buy Our Shoes, Just Not This One

Quick and silly entry. I received an email from shoebuy.com advertising a sale on athletic shoes. The email included a picture of a nice sneaker which awakened my consumer instinct (the one that my wonderful mother keeps yelling at me about). So, I searched all over the site for this particular shoe, with no success. Finally, for the heck of it, I wrote the customer support people over there, asking for the name of the shoe in the picture. The friendly folks wrote back saying they couldn't find it....


So here's quite a novel marking idea. Advertise a sale using a shoe that you don't even offer. That will whet their appetites!

To be fair, I had bought several pairs of shoes at shoebuy.com and have been very happy with the service. They even suggested a couple shoes that were "quite similar" (not really) to the one in the photo. But this is a little weird...

No comments: